Moving can be really stressful, even if you have done it before. But for those who have never moved, or for whom it has been a long time, having to pack up everything and do all those other essentials before moving day can seem like a nightmare. However, the following tips can cut down the stress and help you move your goods in an efficient and organised way.
- Pack your essential in an overnight bag to keep with you so you don’t have to search all those boxes when you arrive at your new home. It’s likely to be late and you’ll be tired.
- If you own a laptop or tablet, keep that with you as well for safety.
- Pack breakables in clothing to save on bubble-wrap. It will also save you having to pack the clothing in other boxes. But don’t use clothing you will want to wear soon, in case there is a delay in unpacking. Out of season clothing is best. Clean socks are great for glasses.
- While most things will be packed in cardboard boxes, use a clear bin for those things that you will need first. Being in a different looking container will help it to stand out from all the others and it will be easier to find.
- Label your boxes by room or by cupboard rather than writing the contents on the box. Unpacking by room also makes the task more manageable.